Friday, August 15, 2014

Easy Summer Wreath

I've had a lot going on lately (translation: the weather has been amazing so I've been sitting outside in my hammock relaxing A LOT), so I haven't had much time to craft.   But I saw a crafting catalogue recently that inspired me to at least do a quickie craft~



This was the inspiration (from the latest Close to My Heart Catalogue):



I just liked the pretty colours and the flower shapes and decided to make my own version (quickly)

Here's what you need to make your own Super Easy Summer Wreath:


Materials:
-pretty papers
-wire hanger (This is a good way to get rid of those hangers from the dry cleaners)
-hot glue gun or your favourite adhesive
-Optional: craft/spray paint (not shown)

Steps:
1) Give you hanger a nice coat of paint.  I ran out of spray paint halfway through so had to switch to sponging on some regular old craft paint, which did the job just as good.


2) Once your paint is dry (or you could do this step first), bend your hanger into a roundish shape.


3) Cut out some pretty flower shapes from some lovely scrapbooking paper (great way to get rid of scraps!)
I used my Silhouette but you could free hand it or use punches or stencils~


4) Just heat up your hot glue gun and start sticking flowers onto your hanger.  I decided on the hot glue because I knew I wouldn't have to worry about pieces moving around.  It was an instant stick that dried super fast.


5) Lastly, hang it up on your door...and then get back outside.  With your craft fix craving satisfied you can go back to enjoying the sunshine~


I know my door looks crazy.  My house is over 100 years old and I can't bear to do away with all of the character on this door.  I don't think it looks quite so bad in person, or maybe I've just built up a blindness to it~

Anyway, hope you're enjoying the same incredible weather we've finally gotten here.  What do you do when you need a super fast crafting fix?  Leave a comment below~

1 comment:

Artsy VaVa said...

Your wreath is adorable! Glad you're having a relaxing summer. Have a great week.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...