Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Show and Tell: The Best Fitting Dress I've Ever Made

Before I got my sewing mannequin there were a few sewing mishaps, mostly because I was just too lazy to try things on as I was sewing them.  It's all  a bit of a pain in the butt, especially in the winter time when you're all cozy in your fleece.  The last thing you want to do is strip down to try on a dress, pin it, and then wrap up again in all your winter gear.

So, when I got my dressform I decided to really use it.  I'm pretty sure this dress was the first thing I made on it because I've never made anything that fits me as well as this dress does.



Here's a close up so you can see the fit.  It's actually a little too good fitting.  I think I must've been having a skinny day when I made it.


vintage sewing pattern, Vintage McCalls, Sewing, DIY Dress


I used this beautiful printed rayon fabric that I had been saving for something special:



And this is vintage pattern that I used.  It's from 1973.


I dream of being as stylish as that woman in View A! Such a cool pattern~

10 comments:

Catherine @ Stone and Rose said...

It is really beautiful! Where did you get your mannequin?

Maggie Lamarre said...

oh wow this is beautiful luv the fabric.
would luv for our readers to see this at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html

Thanks for joining the party,
Maggie
http://Passionatelyartistic.com

Mindy said...

Nicely done!! Great pattern, great fabric, great fit!

Annika said...

It looks beautiful. The pattern is lovely!

Little City Farm said...

This is so pretty. And you're right, the fit is perfect.

a little sewing said...

Amazing dress - it looks beautiful on you!

Moois van mie said...

it's a liovely dress and you have a nice figure !

Unknown said...

It looks gorgeous on you!! Love the pattern and shape. Great job and you look fab!!

WobiSobi said...

WOW!! You Look amazing!! Love that dress!! Just Beautiful!

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Hi! Stopping by from craft ency. Love the dress.. the pattern and the fabric! Very lovely. Also, I would love for you to share this at my friday link party. Its new so I would love to have you link up :)

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...