Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Show and Tell: Vogue Blouse

Over the summer I've shown you lots of super duper easy schmeasy things that I've sewn.  Today, I thought I'd show you that I can actually tackle more detailed projects too!

Any sewer will tell you that Vogue has some of the most lovely designs, however they aren't always the easiest to sew.  This pattern  is great though.


Vogue 2947, Vogue Sewing Pattern, Sewing Pattern, Designer Sewing

It's pretty, fairly simple, very comfy, and still has lots of designer details that make it completely unique.

I've made the blouse in the middle picture (without the ties on the bottom hem).  I used a quality rayon with some pretty flat black lace at the neckline.

Vogue 2947, Vogue Sewing Pattern, Sewing Pattern, Designer Sewing

Here's a close up look:


Unfortunately, I think this pattern may be out of print.  But if you have it in your stock and haven't gotten around to making it yet, it's one that I'd say you should give a try.

I actually made this as a maternity top for a friend too!  I just lengthened it a bit.  Hopefully it doesn't look like a maternity top on me~

I love it either way.  I think it's cute.  Some day I plan on making the other two versions.  Which by the way are completely different.  Vogue patterns can be extremely pricey unless you find a good sale, so it's always nice when you get one that has several items in one envelope that aren't almost the same.

All in all, this is a great pattern.  Vogue has some other really pretty Anna Sui patterns.  You can find them here or at your local fabric store.

Happy sewing~

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great!! I really like the lace on it. You are so talented!

Betsy said...

It turned out gorgeous! It looks adorable on you,too!

Jan said...

Looks really great. I love the lace.

WobiSobi said...

Turned out amazing, LOVE it!!

April said...

I love it! so pretty!

Rose and Heather said...

Its beautiful! Would love to have this pattern.
We would love to have you join us next week at our link party. Carfty Lassie Tuesday
www.SewStylishBoutique.blogspot.com
Heather & Rose

kate blue said...

very pretty ( I so wish I could sew!) and no, it does not look like a maternity shirt on you :):)

Melissa said...

Very cute! I saw a shirt like that today thinking how cute it was. You did an awesome job!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...