Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Show and Tell: Santa Sacks

Well, another holiday season is almost finished.  Was all the chaos and hubbub worth it for you?  I was very lucky this year and was able to give back to some people who are a little less fortunate.  First of all I was able to help serve a Christmas lunch to the homeless last week.  It's heart breaking to see just how many people are in need but it sure feels good to give them a good healthy meal.

On top of that, if you recall from the Spool Knitting post, I said that I was going to make scarves for the homeless in one of our emergency shelters.  I am very happy to say that I followed through.

I made everyone a little Santa Sack that I asked be placed outside every one's door in the middle of the night so that they'd be surprised on Christmas morning.



Inside each sack was a scarf, a candy cane, and a little handmade gift box with either toiletries or tea.



It's not much, but my goal was just to make sure that everyone there knew that they weren't forgotten.  And now I can start thinking of what I can do next year to top it!



If you had a chance to reach out to someone who didn't expect it,
 make sure to tell us what you did in the comment box.
We can all inspire each other!
 

If you were too busy (it's ok, it happens) just remember
that you don't have to wait until a special day on the calendar. 
People appreciate kindness any day of the year.

Happy New Year!
(or as they say in Japan...Happy End of Year!)

Don't forget to check out the linky parties all week for lots of great ideas to start the new year of crafting!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is really awesome! I do some crochet/knit charity work, but that is a really cool project to let them know they are not forgotten! I so have to steal that idea :)

Nikki said...

LOVE it! Thanks so much for linking it up! :)

Lisa said...

That's so thoughtful and sweet of you! I'm sure they appreciated the gift!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

How precious is this! Thank you so much for sharing a different spin on what you did for Christmas. :)

Donna
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...